Los Angeles County is where quality of life meets Life Science. Built on the bedrock of a globally respected university system that delivers thousands of bioscience grads each year, the L.A. region is positioned for healthy growth in this fast-moving industry.
The LAEDC Bioscience Council is a network of leaders from the region’s Biopharmaceutical and Medical Device industry clusters (taken together, “Bioscience”) dedicated to creating a vibrant life sciences ecosystem, from basic research to product commercialization, with an emphasis on cultivating, recruiting, and retaining the industry-specific workforce in the region. LAEDC is fostering growth of the businesses and the jobs in this growing industry cluster.
- Identify key regional bio-related productive advantages and gaps, with specific focus on the labor input at all phases along the product development cycle.
- Based on the prioritization of findings under number 1, activate industry capacity building recommendations identified in the bioscience implementation plan commissioned by the County of Los Angeles.
- Develop and execute cost-effective strategies to promote the region to foreign and domestic bioscience researchers, entrepreneurs, capital providers, buy- and sell-side analysts, and firm and other industry location decision makers
- Connect industry firms with talent development institutions to ensure meaningful firm participation in the development of industry-driven career education, Associate and Bachelor’s degree, and other workforce training programs and curricula.
- Advocate for public policies, incentives, procurement opportunities, regulations and laws at the local, state and federal levels that support and strengthen the LA Basin’s bioscience ecosystem and industry.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Expanding opportunity for people of color and underrepresented communities in Los Angeles’s well-paying industries is a major focus for LAEDC. In the context of bioscience we work with industry leaders and colleges & universities to create curriculum to develop a robust workforce.
Sign up with your email so you don’t miss opportunities
"*" indicates required fields