After buying Pasadena-based Strobe, General Motors announces 2019 production of self-driving vehicles. This is more evidence of the competitive advantage LA’s advanced transportation industry is creating, as technology subsystems become increasingly important to vehicle design, which is creating jobs in LA County. Strobe is one of many such LA-based companies developing new transportation technologies.
Other Recent News
- LAEDC welcomes Lilly Rocha and Gene Hale to our Executive Committee August 3, 2020
- SUPPORT: Assembly Bill AB 326, Electric Vehicle Manufacturers July 27, 2020
- Recap: Future Forum, the Future of Sports in Los Angeles, and impact on jobs, equity July 22, 2020
- SFV Business Journal recognizes LAEDC past and present leadership July 22, 2020
- LA’s ocean economy explored in two Altasea webinars July 21, 2020
Advanced Transportation Aerospace Amazon automation Autonomous Vehicles biofuel bioscience Business California China Cleantech cleantech opportunity Cost Containment covid-19 Digital Media Economic Development Economy Eddy Awards Education Entrepreneurship FDI Federal Incentives Film Foreign Direct Investment Go Biz incentives Innovation International Trade Investment Jobs LA County LA County Strategic Plan LAEDC Los Angeles Los Angeles County Manufacturing Real Estate Southern California strong workforce Tax credit Technology Trade Transportation Workforce Programs Workforce development World Trade Center-Los Angeles