After buying Pasadena-based Strobe, General Motors announces 2019 production of self-driving vehicles. This is more evidence of the competitive advantage LA’s advanced transportation industry is creating, as technology subsystems become increasingly important to vehicle design, which is creating jobs in LA County. Strobe is one of many such LA-based companies developing new transportation technologies.
Other Recent News
- LAEDC Eddy Awards to recognize Citi as the 2019 Corporate Honoree August 7, 2019
- LAEDC opposes AB 485 because it discourages logistics projects that create jobs (2019 Legis. Session) August 5, 2019
- LAEDC Eddy Awards to honor California State University, Dominguez Hills July 31, 2019
- LA leads innovation in “heavy” transport, from drayage to garbage July 30, 2019
- Meet Phil Washington at the LAEDC Eddy Awards July 24, 2019
Advanced Transportation Aerospace Amazon automation Autonomous Vehicles biofuel bioscience Business California China Cleantech cleantech opportunity Cost Containment Digital Media Economic Development Economy Eddy Awards Education employment Entrepreneurship FDI Federal Incentives Film Foreign Direct Investment Go Biz incentives Innovation International Trade Investment Jobs LA County LA County Strategic Plan LAEDC Los Angeles Los Angeles County Manufacturing Real Estate Southern California strong workforce Tax credit Technology Trade Transportation Workforce Programs Workforce development World Trade Center-Los Angeles