After buying Pasadena-based Strobe, General Motors announces 2019 production of self-driving vehicles. This is more evidence of the competitive advantage LA’s advanced transportation industry is creating, as technology subsystems become increasingly important to vehicle design, which is creating jobs in LA County. Strobe is one of many such LA-based companies developing new transportation technologies.
Other Recent News
- LA’s advanced transportation industry cluster profiled in Site Selection Mag September 14, 2018
- Beatriz Acevedo is named 2018 LAEDC Eddy Award Individual Honoree September 13, 2018
- Add an event to InnovateLA 2018, gain exposure and drive progress September 10, 2018
- LAEDC Announces 2018 Finalists for Most Business-Friendly City in Los Angeles County September 7, 2018
- LAEDC opposes AB 2853 because it will discourage logistics projects that create jobs September 5, 2018
Advanced Transportation Aerospace Amazon automation Autonomous Vehicles biofuel bioscience Business Business Assistance California China Cleantech cleantech opportunity Cost Containment Digital Media Economic Development Economy Eddy Awards Education employment Entrepreneurship FDI Federal Incentives Film Foreign Direct Investment incentives Innovation International Trade Investment Jobs LA County LA County Strategic Plan LAEDC Los Angeles Los Angeles County Manufacturing Real Estate Southern California strong workforce Tax credit Technology Trade Transportation Workforce Programs Workforce development World Trade Center-Los Angeles