Regional Economic Development (R.E.D.) Talks
Date: March 15, 2018
Venue: City National Plaza
Fireside Chat with Joanna McFarland
While attending a kids birthday party, Joanna was commiserating with other moms about the challenge of getting their children to and from after school activities safely and on time. Joanna turned this challenge into an opportunity, and before long, the ride share service, HopSkipDrive for kids was born. Join us as Joanna shares the entrepreneurial journey she and her two co-founders have been on as they’ve grown a stable and successful business.
Following the chat with Joanna, we will transition to a panel discussion, Beyond the #MeToo Movement-What’s Next for Women in the Workplace.
The chat with Joanna portion of the RED Talk will cover:
- The KEY issue they had to solve for this app to work.
- How they established trust so that parents would feel safe sending their kids (their most precious asset) with HopSkipDrive car.
- Tips on having business partners and how to successfully move forward with three Co-founder’s.
- How Joanna and her team effectively managed cash flow.
- How having a baby is similar to owing a business.
Join the conversation about this R.E.D. Talk! #REDTalk