The 2016-2020 L.A. County Strategic Plan for Economic Development (SPĒD L.A.)
What is the Strategic Plan for Economic Development? It is our region’s collaborative effort to define priorities that will lead to creation of well-paying jobs, and help our key industries and workforce navigate the challenging transition to an Information Age economy.
To learn how critical this is, please visit www.LAEDC.org/Learn. The overarching reason for developing this plan is to increase shared prosperity and increase standards of living for our diverse residents from all regions of L.A. County. The Strategic Plan doesn’t treat the symptoms of economic distress. Instead, the many participants in the Strategic Plan have selected priorities to address the root causes of poverty, tepid wage growth, insufficient pathways to middle class. The resulting goals and strategies will foster higher standards of living for our region.
Goals of the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan for Economic Development
- Invest in our people to provide greater opportunity
- Strengthen our leading export-oriented industry clusters
- Accelerate innovation and entrepreneurship
- Be more business-friendly
- Remove barriers to critical infrastructure development, financing and delivery
- Increase global connectedness
- Build more livable communities