Aerospace, Space & Defense
SoCal Aerospace Council
The SoCal Aerospace Council is wholly focused on supporting and building the most competitive aerospace community in the world to grow our businesses and foster job creation. Our purview combines a cluster of industry sectors including aerospace, defense, space, and adjacent/enabling technology.
Our industry cluster development efforts are consolidated around three main pillars:
- Business Development: Facilitate growth and competitive advantage by understanding global markets, developing local capabilities, and leveraging our vast supply chain.
- Technology Innovation: Leverage global technology advancement coupled with local technology innovation to grow ideas into new offerings that create technological superiority for our national defense and commercial applications.
- Policy Input: Ensure the voice of our expansive local industry is heard and incorporated into specific policy recommendations that support the future vitality of our region.
One key offering of the Council is California SmartMatch, which helps OEMs solve needs in the supply chain and other areas.
We encourage the participation of industry executives to help the region work together. Make your voice heard. Our participants include executives from prime contractors and suppliers, labor organizations, research institutions, government aerospace organizations, education, and workforce development organizations — all the industry stakeholders who together define the rich aerospace ecosystem of our region.
- Promote the Preeminence of Our Region’s Aerospace Industry
- Facilitate Business Development
- Facilitate Technology Innovation and Commercialization
- Support Effective Public Policy at the local, state and national levels
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Expanding opportunity for people of color and underrepresented communities in Los Angeles’s well-paying industries is a major focus for LAEDC. In the context of aerospace we work with industry leaders and colleges & universities to create curriculum to develop a robust workforce.