- This event has passed.
Innovation Roadshow to India
Monday, March 14, 2016 - Friday, March 18, 2016 PDT
The U.S. State Department is leading a small trade delegation to India in mid-March focusing on clean tech/renewable energy and biotechnology. Charles H. Rivkin, Assistant Secretary for Economic and Business Affairs, will lead a delegation of senior executives from American companies to New Delhi, Gurgaon, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad.
Through this roadshow, we will engage with Indian state government leaders, civil society groups and entrepreneurs and share the American experience in nurturing innovation in biotech and clean technologies.
Coinciding with the Indian government’s recent manufacturing and innovation initiatives, this roadshow will also showcase our approach to building the kinds of ecosystems that allow new business and entrepreneurs to thrive.
The roadshow’s three specific objectives are:
– Highlight American approaches to entrepreneurship as embodied in the experiences of the delegation members.
– Encourage state-level officials In India to support a regulatory and infrastructure environment that will further
foster innovation, attract investment and create jobs.
– Engage with leading and new entrepreneurs to strengthen their ties to America’s innovation and entrepreneurship
In the selected cities, the roadshow will include a mix of the following:
– Closed door discussion with government officials
– Panel discussions and roundtables with leading and new entrepreneurs to foster business to business connections
– Site visits to universities, research centers, start-up incubators and accelerators
How to Participate
The delegation will comprise a mix of leadership from US multinational companies, financial investors, start-ups and successful early-stage firms. Expressions of interest should be sent by February 15, 2016, along with the bio of the potential delegation members that you would like to be considered. The primary State Department point of contact for delegation formation is Urmila Venugopalan ([email protected]), Senior Advisor to Assistant Secretary Rivkin.