Los Angeles County is home to the world’s leading origin-and-destination airport, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), as well as a network of other, smaller regional airports. The LAEDC supports efforts to modernize L.A. County’s regional aviation system and its principal airport, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), including providing for better customer experience, improved safety, and increased operational efficiency.
- Study shows significant positive economic impacts of LAX projects and operations (4/21/2016) - This report provides analysis of the economic impact of various aspects of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), including the ongoing operations and activities of the airport, visitor spending, impact of...
- LAEDC Urges ALUC to Support North Airfield Configuration that Best Handles Larger Aircraft (9/6/2013) - LOS ANGELES, CA – The Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) President and Chief Executive Officer Bill Allen released the following statement for record at the Los Angeles County...
- Los Angeles International Airport (6/10/2013) -
- LAEDC Reissues Letter re SPAS Alternative and Group VI Aircraft (4/29/2013) -
- LAEDC Issues Letter Urging SPAS Alternative that can Accommodate Group VI (11/13/2012) -
The LAEDC recommends taking the following action at the local level:
- Increase the number of U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents at LAX to boost the international traveling experience and increase throughput into the L.A. economy.
- Accelerate the Specific Plan Amendment Study (SPAS) process to expand capabilities of LAX to conveniently and safely accommodate the forecasted increase in air cargo and passenger traffic.
Data & Analytics:
- Los Angeles International Airport in 2011: Economic Impact Analysis – Report from LAEDC Economic and Policy Analysis Group
- LAEDC Statement on ALUC Commission Meeting, September 2013
- LAEDC Letter on SPAS Reissued, April 2013
- LAEDC Letter on SPAS, November 2012
- LAEDC Letter on NOP for SPAS, November 2010
- LAEDC Infrastructure Committee and Aviation Subgroup
The County of Los Angeles Airport Land Use Commission has a critical meeting on September 11, 2013 to decide on land use compatibility issues surrounding the Specific Plan Amendment Study for LAX. See LAEDC’s statement on the issue here.
(Last updated September 9, 2013)