LAEDC’s Business Assistance team is here to help
Layoff Alternative Program for COUNTY of Los Angeles
The LA County Workforce Investment Board (WIB) and the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) are partnering to keep businesses strong, and give business owners alternatives to letting workers go. This Layoff Aversion Program (Layoff Alternatives) is provided at no cost.
Confidential consulting for businesses, at no cost, and with no obligation, performed as part of LAEDC’s non-profit, public-benefit mission to attract, retain and grow businesses and jobs in the regions of Los Angeles County. This program is funded by Los Angeles County and has assisted thousands of businesses. Let us assist you!
Just a few ways we can help:
- Resources for hiring and training employees, including giving existing workers new skills to help you compete.
- Identify incentives and resources that can save you money.
- Assistance with access to financing.
- Resources for permitting, utility problems, tax problems, staff training, cost containment, transition of ownership, real estate issues, and more.
- LAEDC’s team can cut through the red tape with government departments and utilities.
- Best of all, LAEDC services are available at no cost!
Call the LAEDC today, and let us connect you with resources to help your business thrive!
[email protected] / (213) 236 – 4839 or (888) –4–LAEDC–1
Program is performed through contract with County of Los Angeles, to help businesses retain jobs and succeed. Must have at least 10 employees to qualify for program.
REVIEW OUR PRESENTATIONS:
READ OUR NEWSLETTERS:
LA County Business Connect – Helping Businesses Thrive in LA County
Welcome to our LA County Business Connect newsletters, a service offered by the LA County WIB and the LAEDC to provide valuable tools to support and grow your business.
- Seize Your Procurement Opportunity (Issue 27, September 2017)
- Containing Costs (Issue 26, July 2017)
- Finding Qualified Employees (Issue 25, June 2017)
- Cyber Security Basics (Issue 24, February 2017)
- Working for Business (Issue 23, January 2017)
- Updated: Overtime Law Blocked by Federal Judge (Issue 22, November 2016)
- New Overtime Law Provisions Taking Effect (Issue 22, November 2016)
- Getting Your Project Approved (Issue 21, September 2016)
- Reduce Costs at Your Business: Employee Costs, Energy Costs, Benefit Costs, and Lean Practices
- HR 101—Navigating Best Practices for Your Business (Issue 18, February 2016)
- Get Lean! Lean Efficient Processes and Continuous Improvement Solutions for Your Business. (Issue 17, February 2016)
- Get Efficient This Year! Energy Savings Solutions for Your Business (Issue 16, January 2016)
- Workers Compensation Insurance – Advice from the Experts (Issue 15, November/December 2015)
- Keep Jobs & Avoid Layoffs with Work Sharing (Issue 14, August 2015)
- Navigating the Permit Approval Process? We Can Help. (Issue 11, February 2015)
- 10,000 Small Businesses – An Opportunity to Help You Sustain and Grow Your Business (Issue 10, Jan 2015)
- Raise Revenue to Grow and Sustain Your Business through Social Media Marketing! (Issue 10, Dec 2014)
- Energy Savings Solutions for Your Business (Issue 8, Nov 2014)
- Connecting Small Businesses with Government Opportunities (Issue 7, Oct 2014)
- Accessing the Funding You Need to Sustain Your Business (Issue 6, Feb 2014)
- Low Cost Marketing Techniques to Help Grow Your Business (Issue 5, Feb 2014)
- Health Care Reform – What does the business owner need to know? (Issue 4, Feb 2014)
- Finding and Training Workers with the Skills You Need to Stay Competitive in LA County! (Issue 3, Feb 2014)
- GEDI – Bolstering business and putting Californians back to work. (Issue 2, Jan 2014)
- Work Sharing – An alternative to laying off your employees. (Issue 1, Dec 2013)
The LAEDC would like to thank the
Supervisors and CEO of the County of Los Angeles,
for sponsoring this valuable program.