Each year Farmers and & Merchants Bank gives away more than $1 million to charities, non-profit organizations, and religious entities within the communities we serve. In response to escalating need for pandemic relief resources, F&M Bank is committing $40,000 to support local micro or small businesses adversely impacted by COVID-19 who have been forced to make adjustments to stabilize the business while continuing to support the local community. Grants of up to $5,000 will be awarded to eligible businesses until funds are depleted.
- For-profit micro/small business
- Currently less than 20 full-time employees
- Less than $1 million in gross annual revenue in 2020
- Currently located in Los Angeles, Orange, or Santa Barbara County
- In business at least two years (i.e. in operation since October 1, 2019)
- Adversely impacted by COVID-19
- Privately held corporation, a sole proprietorship, a partnership, or franchise.
- Charitable 501(c)3 organizations not eligible.
- Owners and/or franchises owned by the same owner are eligible for only one award.
- Gambling, gaming, cannabis dispensaries, drug paraphernalia, gun dealers, adult entertainment, money services, virtual currency, private ATM owner businesses, crowdfunding campaigns, political action committees, and pawn shops are ineligible.
- Preference will be given to businesses serving low to moderate income communities and/or those owned by a member of an underrepresented group (i.e. woman-owned, minority-owned, or LGBTIQ-owned).
- NO PURCHASE OR ACCOUNT OPENING AT F&M BANK IS NECESSARY TO APPLY. Being an F&M Bank Client or using any F&M or its affiliated entities’ products will not improve a business’s chance of being awarded a grant.
- F&M Bank reserves the right to change or update the criteria for participation or disbursement of grant funds at any time.
The application period closes Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 6:00p.m. PT. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline. The grants will be awarded based on the program qualifications outlined in the eligibility section and selected by a Grants Selection Committee (the “Committee”) comprised of F&M Bank employees. Awardees will be contacted by phone by November 30, 2021.
You may apply for a grant in following ways: