ELEVATE TOGETHER™ powered by Round It Up America® is a nonprofit initiative designed to address systemic discrimination and historical racial disparities in business growth and profitability in Black and Hispanic communities.
The Los Angeles Latino Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Office Depot to offer a grant opportunity for small business with less than 5 full time employees.
For 2022, the Los Angeles Latino Chamber of Commerce is one of several chambers in the United States to offer this grant opportunity to Latino & Black Small Business. Other cities include Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, South Florida, and has expanded to Phoenix, Fort Worth, Detroit and Minneapolis.
LALCC will be providing three to six cash grants directly to the selected business owner and the typical grant amount ranges from $5,000 – $10,000 per business.
Grant Criteria to qualify:
- Only Los Angeles Latino Chamber of Commerce members will be considered for this grant.
- Business Certifications:
- Licensed (if applicable)
- Registered with the Department of Revenue and with the IRS
- If applicable, also registered with the Department of the State
- Considered a Small Business based on SBA size standards.
- In “good standing” with respective state.
- Participate in small business education workshops or counseling with a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce or L.A. Latino Chamber.
- In business at least the last 9 months.
- Between 1-5 employees
- At least 51% minority-owned, operated and controlled.
- A minority group member is an individual who is at least 51% Black or Hispanic.
- Ownership, in the case of a publicly-owned business, means at least 51% of the stock owned by one or more of these two minority group members.
- Owner must be at least 21 years old and be a legal resident of one of the 48 contiguous United States, the District of Columbia, Alaska or Hawaii.
- Business must be in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Business must provide a plan for the use of the funds.*
- Business must provide a 60 second video introducing themselves and their business and why they are applying for the grant.*
- Be a current LALCC member in “good standing”.**
- Take 3 mentoring sessions with Venture Mentoring Team prior to receiving the grant, if selected.*
- February 2 – 22, Call for applications.
- February 22 – 25, Elevate Committee to review applications and select grant recipients.
- February 26 – March 1, Phone interview with selected members.
- February March 2 – 3, Grant recipients will be notified by LALCC.
- Within a week, Cash grant recipient will receive a congratulatory letter with dates and times for mentor orientation session with Venture Mentoring Team and receive Elevate Together toolkits. The Venture Mentoring Team will host a mentor orientation for Elevate Together cash grant recipients.
- June 24, Deadline for cash grant recipient to complete three mentoring sessions and required tasks.
- June 30th, Awardees will receive grant check.