On April 18, EWDD is launching the City of LA’s Small Business Rental Assistance Program, which will provide $12 million in grants to eligible businesses located in the City that need financial assistance to aid in their recovery from COVID-19. Grants will be of up to $15,000 or six months of back rent, whichever is less. Applications are due May 6.
The grant may be used for rent payments that are in arrears that were incurred on or after March 1, 2020. To be eligible, businesses must be for-profit and have a brick and mortar storefront location located and operated within Los Angeles city limits. Businesses must also provide lease agreements and proof confirming that back rent is owed.
Grant Eligibility Requirements
Businesses must demonstrate the need for financial support due to the impact of COVID-19 and meet the following criteria:
- Must be for-profit business and located within Los Angeles city limits.
- Must have a brick and mortar storefront location.
- Must provide lease agreements.
- Provide proof confirming that back rent is owed.
- Provide their landlord’s contact information.
- On a case-by-case basis, other documentation may be needed to establish eligibility.
- Home-based businesses
- Non-profit organizations
- Businesses that were not in operation prior to March 1, 2020
- Rideshare businesses
- Landlords/Schedule E Passive Income
- Businesses engaged in illegal activities, such as selling drug paraphernalia or operating a motel that permits illegal prostitution
- Cannabis businesses or businesses that support cannabis businesses
- Churches or other religious organizations
Application open window – April 18, 2022 – May 6, 2022.
Visit website to learn more and apply.