About Building for Growth:
Accelerating Profitable Growth for BIPOC- and Woman-Owned Construction Contractors
Building for Growth (BFG) is a new tuition-free executive education program designed by ICIC that aims to help BIPOC and woman construction contractors build capacity and develop sustainable growth strategies that position their businesses to increase revenues and profits.
BFG’s inaugural cohort will begin in Spring 2022 with a maximum class size of 50 companies that are independent, for-profit corporations in the construction industry, at least 51% BIPOC- or woman-owned, and have annual revenues of $2MM – $10MM, or be on course to reach or exceed $2MM within the next three years (companies with current revenues below $2MM will be evaluated based on recommendations from nominators, and the business’s growth trajectory and readiness to benefit from this program).
Why Enroll in Building for Growth?
Thinking strategically is about deciding which opportunities to focus your resources and efforts on and, more importantly, knowing which opportunities to forgo.
The BFG program will help you create a strategy in which you carefully assess and choose potential opportunities to set your business on a path to sustainable and profitable growth as well as a detailed tactical road map for executing your strategy through greater access to capital, top notch technical assistance and mentoring, and a deeper and broader network of contacts.
The BFG program will help you:
- Build your backlog: hone your growth strategy and connect with a diverse group of general contractors and corporate purchasers of subcontracting services
- Access capital: refine your pitch for capital and get direct input from bankers
- Increase your bonding capacity: create and refine your bonding application with direct feedback from bonding experts
BFG’s inaugural class will be limited to 50 businesses. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all seats are filled, so we encourage you to apply early while openings remain.
To be eligible for the BFG program, your company must be:
- An independent, for-profit corporation in the construction industry
- At least 51% BIPOC- and/or woman-owned
- Have annual revenues of $2MM-$10MM, or be on course to reach or exceed $2MM within the next 3 years
*Companies with current revenues below $2MM will be evaluated based on recommendations from nominators, and the business’s growth trajectory and readiness to benefit from this program.
Nominate & Apply:
Start your application process by filling out initial application.
Building for Growth is currently accepting applications for its inaugural cohort which begins on May 12, 2022. BFG’s class will be limited to 50 businesses, and applications will be accepted online until Friday, April 8.