The COVID-19 Small Business Rent Relief program provides grants to small businesses in the unincorporated areas of the County. This grant program will provide funds that can be used by small businesses to pay for past due rent from March 4, 2020 to the present. The minimum grant amount is $5,000 and the maximum is $40,000.
Definition of Small Business:
• Eligible small businesses must have annual total gross revenues of no more than $1 million (verified by 2020 tax return).
• Must have an annual average number of nine or fewer full-time equivalent employees (verified by Q3 2020 IRS Form 941).
Other Eligibility Requirements:
• Business must be open at time of application submittal.
• Businesses must be located at the same brick and mortar location at a minimum of 24 months as of June 22, 2019.
• Demonstrate a gross revenue loss of at least 25% over a 12-month period falling at least in part within the period of the County’s COVID-19 emergency order as verified by a signed Statement of Impact attestation.
• Business must provide a business license showing business address reflecting business is located within the unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County.
• Businesses that have already received assistance from other Los Angeles County ARP Act-funded projects, ARE NOT eligible for this Project.
The application portal will open at 8 am this Wednesday, November 17 and will close at 5 pm one week later, on November 24.
Visit website to apply.