In California, there is a huge need for more Spanish-speaking healthcare workers to care for our diverse population. But to become a Medical Assistant, aspiring caregivers need to be able to communicate clearly and accurately with co-workers and patients in English. This course is designed to improve the English language skills of Spanish speakers who:
- can communicate for simple tasks but may make mistakes or struggle to maintain a conversation AND/OR
- those who can hold a conversation about familiar topics but don’t have the vocabulary appropriate for a healthcare setting.
This course will provide learners with the relevant English vocabulary and practice needed to be successful in future healthcare programs and their career. After completing the course, students may be eligible for the Jump Start for Medical Assistant courses and the Medical Assistant Program.
- Personalized course content offers up-to-date, real-world lessons.
- Study whenever you can with short lessons, or on-the-go with the mobile app.
- Improve your speaking with a teacher and learners from around the world.
- Frequent assessments mean your content is suited specifically for your level.
- A personalized learning experience tailored to your interests and personal goals.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of allied healthcare workers such as Medical Assistants.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the healthcare field by watching healthcare professionals in a range of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Understand the day-in-the-life of a healthcare worker by listening to conversations between workers and patients.
- Enhance your English fluency.
- Introduction to Allied Health Care
- Scheduling and Billing
- Medical History
- Basic Nursing Skills
- Examination Procedures
- Medical Charts
- Diagnosis and Treatments
- Laboratory Procedures
- Social Work and Mental Health
- Legal and Ethical Standards
- Safety and Infection Control
For more details, please visit: https://futurohealth.org/allied-health-programs/english-readiness-english/