UPDATED 2/8/21 – Added LISC Small Business Grants – APPLY Feb 8-9. If you operate a small business, this is the week to apply for NEW grants, forgivable loans, and other key resources that will restore your business. In addition to the list below, LAEDC’s business assistance team is looking for businesses that need help, so we can offer no-cost, confidential assistance as part of several programs LAEDC is delivering, aligned with our public-benefit mission. LAEDC helps business avoid layoffs and overcome challenges, and we have a strong track record and award-winning team to help your business do just that. We have your back! Email [email protected] or call 213-236-4839, and review our Community Connectory page with additional great resources.
- LISC Small Business Recovery Grants have opened applications for ONLY Feb 8-9! APPLY NOW.
- The long awaited Paycheck Protection Program 2.0 launched this week! These are forgivable loans for small businesses and nonprofits. The “First draw” category is open to organizations that did not receive a PPP loan in 2020, or that did not receive forgiveness by 12/27/20 for a 2020 PPP loan, and either returned or did not accept a portion of that loan. The “Second draw” category is available to businesses that received a 2020 PPP loan. The application process opened on Monday 1/11/21 for SBA-approved financial institutions. Over $284 billion will be available.
- Join a webinar on the PPP program, January 21st, click here to register; https://app.livestorm.co/small-business-majority/icic-ppp
- The Small Business Recovery Fund L.A. offers grants up to $25,000; applications started January 11th, 2021 with a deadline of January 17th
- The California Small Business Relief Grant offers grants up to $25,000. Applications for Round 2 start February 2nd through February 8th. LAEDC is hosting short webinars to help businesses with the application process! ATTEND.
- There is a grant program for Spanish-speaking nonprofits serving Southern California, encouraging a culture of equity and inclusion, creating pathways for volunteering in community engagement efforts, fostering the next generation of storytellers, and providing youth with tools they need to succeed.
- New Webinar Series For Small Businesses! The Los Angeles County Development Authority (LACDA) has launched a new online resource to help your business navigate through economic uncertainty and prepare you for a post-COVID-19 economy. Webinars start Tuesday, January 12 and free to all businesses in the County of Los Angeles. Click here to register; https://bizhelp.lacda.org/
- Free Personal Protection Equipment (Masks, Face Shields, Sanitizers) – 30 day supply. Visit www.ppeunite.org
- SBA Disaster Recovery Loans are still available.
- Procurement assistance for becoming a vendor to County of Los Angeles government is available at the Webven website. LAEDC’s team can also assist with this process, to help you develop a new revenue stream.
- LA County Small Business Stabilization Loan Program will started accepting applications on January 28, 2021, and will remain open indefinitely. https://bizstabilization.lacda.org/
- SBA Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVO) – application date to be announced – https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/shuttered-venue-operators-grant.
- Economic Injury and Disaster Loan (EIDL)- provides economic relief to small businesses and non-profits that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue. This is a loan that must be paid back. https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/covid-19-economic-injury-disaster-loans
- New Webinar Series For Small Businesses! The Los Angeles County Development Authority (LACDA) has launched a new online resource to help your business navigate through economic uncertainty and prepare you for a post-COVID-19 economy. These Webinars are free to all businesses in the County of Los Angeles. Click here to listings of webinars and how to register; https://bizhelp.lacda.org/
- Small Business Development Centers (SBDC), offering no-cost virtual Webinars and Workshops on different topics to assist small business. See link for info and how to register, https://smallbizla.org/workshops/
Don’t hesitate to contact LAEDC to help keep your business running. Email [email protected] for no-cost consulting and assistance. Our nonprofit work is funded by various government organizations so there is no cost to businesses.