WIRED has published a special series of articles and videos on autonomous vehicles and other types of automation that are changing the future of work, with dramatic implications for workforce development and also opportunities for industry and related jobs. The L.A. region is already one of the leading centers in the world for design and engineering of advanced transportation, with a rapidly evolving industry cluster with career opportunities to our residents. Regardless of what region develops these technologies, it is clear they are coming, and we will collectively need to develop transition strategies to mitigate the negative impact on people who hold driving jobs and other jobs in the economy that are facing automation. Click here to read the WIRED content.
Other Recent News
- Bioscience Incubator Space Thriving in LA, According to LA Business Journal April 17, 2018
- SB 948 (Allen) Would Help Communities Address Their Needs, Including Housing April 13, 2018
- AB 3197 (Burke) Helps California’s Aerospace Industry Remain Competitive April 13, 2018
- CEDA Board Meeting Conference Call Scheduled for April 19, 2018 at 10:30am April 13, 2018
- Aerospace Council Connects Industry with Aerospace Corp Innovation Lab April 12, 2018
Advanced Transportation Aerospace automation Autonomous Vehicles biofuel bioscience Business Business Assistance California China Cleantech cleantech opportunity Cost Containment Digital Media Economic Development Economy Eddy Awards Education employment entrepreneur Entrepreneurship FDI Federal Incentives Film Foreign Direct Investment incentives industries Innovation International Trade Investment Jobs LA LA County LA County Strategic Plan LAEDC Los Angeles Los Angeles County Manufacturing Real Estate Southern California Tax credit Technology Transportation Workforce Programs Workforce development World Trade Center-Los Angeles