WIRED has published a special series of articles and videos on autonomous vehicles and other types of automation that are changing the future of work, with dramatic implications for workforce development and also opportunities for industry and related jobs. The L.A. region is already one of the leading centers in the world for design and engineering of advanced transportation, with a rapidly evolving industry cluster with career opportunities to our residents. Regardless of what region develops these technologies, it is clear they are coming, and we will collectively need to develop transition strategies to mitigate the negative impact on people who hold driving jobs and other jobs in the economy that are facing automation. Click here to read the WIRED content.
Other Recent News
- CEDA Board Meeting Conference Call Scheduled for September 27, 2018 at 10:30am September 21, 2018
- Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas and aerospace firm L3 joined LAEDC board meeting September 19, 2018
- LA’s advanced transportation industry cluster profiled in Site Selection Mag September 14, 2018
- Beatriz Acevedo is named 2018 LAEDC Eddy Award Individual Honoree September 13, 2018
- Add an event to InnovateLA 2018, gain exposure and drive progress September 10, 2018
Advanced Transportation Aerospace Amazon automation Autonomous Vehicles biofuel bioscience Business Business Assistance California China Cleantech cleantech opportunity Cost Containment Digital Media Economic Development Economy Eddy Awards Education employment Entrepreneurship FDI Federal Incentives Film Foreign Direct Investment incentives Innovation International Trade Investment Jobs LA County LA County Strategic Plan LAEDC Los Angeles Los Angeles County Manufacturing Real Estate Southern California strong workforce Tax credit Technology Trade Transportation Workforce Programs Workforce development World Trade Center-Los Angeles