WIRED has published a special series of articles and videos on autonomous vehicles and other types of automation that are changing the future of work, with dramatic implications for workforce development and also opportunities for industry and related jobs. The L.A. region is already one of the leading centers in the world for design and engineering of advanced transportation, with a rapidly evolving industry cluster with career opportunities to our residents. Regardless of what region develops these technologies, it is clear they are coming, and we will collectively need to develop transition strategies to mitigate the negative impact on people who hold driving jobs and other jobs in the economy that are facing automation. Click here to read the WIRED content.
Other Recent News
- SCAG features LAEDC Economic Update for LA County, preview of EV industry report December 6, 2019
- LAEDC Holiday Mixer fueled spirited conversation and great networking December 5, 2019
- LA’s VR/AR industry and digital media sector explored by The Economist November 26, 2019
- Senator Maria Elena Durazo meets LAEDC Board November 21, 2019
- California EV sector driving growth of nation’s automotive industry, shifting future locus of the industry to California and Los Angeles November 14, 2019
Advanced Transportation Aerospace Amazon automation Autonomous Vehicles biofuel bioscience Business California China Cleantech cleantech opportunity Cost Containment Digital Media Economic Development Economy Eddy Awards Education employment Entrepreneurship FDI Federal Incentives Film Foreign Direct Investment Go Biz incentives Innovation International Trade Investment Jobs LA County LA County Strategic Plan LAEDC Los Angeles Los Angeles County Manufacturing Real Estate Southern California strong workforce Tax credit Technology Trade Transportation Workforce Programs Workforce development World Trade Center-Los Angeles