The DMV held a hearing on 10/19/16 for public comments on the proposed revision of the California Autonomous Vehicle Regulation code. (LAEDC e4) submitted a letter encouraging the department to eliminate exclusion of most classes of vehicles from testing. This letter, which was submitted in person by LAEDC member Greenberg Traurig, is part of our larger mission to promote Southern California as the national hub for advanced transportation technology research, development, demonstration, production and exportation, with the goal to realize the marked job, output and tax revenue ripple effects associated with leadership in each phase along transportation technology product/service value chain. Read the letter HERE.
Other Recent News
- Click here to visit LAEDC’s Coronavirus response page for advice and updates! March 5, 2020
- California Competes Tax Credit – Applications March 9-30th & Informational Webinar March 3, 2020
- LAEDC report: California and SoCal EV Industry is growing, giving region global competitive advantage March 1, 2020
- Ocean Economy report released by LAEDC and Altasea February 27, 2020
- Recap: 5G and Mobility industry discussion at e4 Mobility Alliance February 27, 2020
Advanced Transportation Aerospace Amazon automation Autonomous Vehicles biofuel bioscience Business California China Cleantech cleantech opportunity Cost Containment Digital Media Economic Development Economy Eddy Awards Education employment Entrepreneurship FDI Federal Incentives Film Foreign Direct Investment Go Biz incentives Innovation International Trade Investment Jobs LA County LA County Strategic Plan LAEDC Los Angeles Los Angeles County Manufacturing Real Estate Southern California strong workforce Tax credit Technology Trade Transportation Workforce Programs Workforce development World Trade Center-Los Angeles