The DMV held a hearing on 10/19/16 for public comments on the proposed revision of the California Autonomous Vehicle Regulation code. (LAEDC e4) submitted a letter encouraging the department to eliminate exclusion of most classes of vehicles from testing. This letter, which was submitted in person by LAEDC member Greenberg Traurig, is part of our larger mission to promote Southern California as the national hub for advanced transportation technology research, development, demonstration, production and exportation, with the goal to realize the marked job, output and tax revenue ripple effects associated with leadership in each phase along transportation technology product/service value chain. Read the letter HERE.
Other Recent News
- LAEDC Welcomes New Chair Steve Nissen and Names Stephen Cheung as COO July 1, 2020
- Letter to LAEDC members from outgoing Chair, Dr. Dianne Harrison June 30, 2020
- Biocom’s 2020 Economic Impact Report highlights the growth of lifesciences industry in CA June 23, 2020
- Business owners with property damage from civil unrest asked to register for aid by County of LA June 11, 2020
- L.A. City Council votes to Expand Access for Minority and Small Business via online portal June 10, 2020
Advanced Transportation Aerospace Amazon automation Autonomous Vehicles biofuel bioscience Business California China Cleantech cleantech opportunity Cost Containment covid-19 Digital Media Economic Development Economy Eddy Awards Education Entrepreneurship FDI Federal Incentives Film Foreign Direct Investment Go Biz incentives Innovation International Trade Investment Jobs LA County LA County Strategic Plan LAEDC Los Angeles Los Angeles County Manufacturing Real Estate Southern California strong workforce Tax credit Technology Trade Transportation Workforce Programs Workforce development World Trade Center-Los Angeles