LAEDC Case Studies – In celebration of creating or retaining 200,000 jobs in LA County
Designed to provide free-of-charge, on-the-ground business assistance, LAEDC’s Business Assistance Program has assisted thousands of businesses – large and small – overcome challenges, helping them come to, expand and hire in L.A. County.
Through this work, the LAEDC has helped retain and attract jobs at businesses from all industries, ranging from production-based sectors, such as food processing and aerospace, to fast emerging “New Economy” sectors, such as space commercialization and biomedical. LAEDC business assistance projects run the size gamut, from saving a few jobs at a multigenerational family-owned business to saving a few thousand aerospace manufacturing jobs. What counts most is that every job saved matters to the individuals and families it supports.
Here are five recent examples of this work:
- LA County District #1: Huy Fong Foods, Irwindale
- Famous Sriracha hot sauce company chooses to stay in LA County with LAEDC’s assistance
- LA County District #2: Republic Master Chefs, Los Angeles
- Multi-generational restaurant linen company chooses to stay in LA County with LAEDC’s assistance
- LA County District #3: Prescott Communications, Los Angeles (Cable Engineering Services)
- Telecommunications engineering services firm chooses to stay in LA County, with LAEDC’s assistance
- LA County District #4: Millworks (Molina Healthcare), Long Beach
- Development project gets EB-5 financing to locate in Long Beach, serving Molina Healthcare
- LA County District #5: Composites Horizons, Covina
- Aerospace manufacturer obtains assistance with expansion, chooses to stay and grow with LAEDC assistance
To contact LAEDC Business Assistance, call 888-452-3321, or email [email protected]