The LAEDC supports improving our water supply by creating more local water infrastructure and diversifying our water portfolio to reduce our dependence on imported supplies.
- Felicia Marcus discusses drought with LAEDC members (7/30/2015) - Felicia Marcus Discusses Drought with LAEDC Water Subgroup Committee Chair to the California State Water Resources Control Board, Felicia Marcus and LAEDC members met July 29th for an engaging discussion of...
- Water and Innovation: LA County’s opportunity (5/5/2015) - While new water infrastructure (tunnels, storage, etc.) mechanisms and conveyances, per the $7 billion bond and BDCP, will be helpful stop-gaps, they are not longer-term “solutions.” Instead, we have to develop...
- Op-Ed discusses water bond (So Cal Leadership Council) (8/19/2014) - The Southern California Leadership Council discusses the $7.5 million water bond headed for voters. The Water Bond- Letting Go Of The North South Divide 8-18-14 ...
- Federal Water Infrastructure Finance & Innovation Act Signed Into Law (6/19/2014) - Creates low-interest loans for water projects
Data & Analytics:
- Total Regional Economic Losses from Water Supply Disruptions to the Los Angeles County Economy by Adam Rose, Ian Sue Wing, Dan Wei, and Misak Avetisyan (November 2012)
LAEDC Policy Efforts:
- LAEDC Press Release on Total Regional Economic Losses from Water Supply Disruptions (November 2012)
- Presentation on Total Regional Economic Losses from Water Supply Disruptions given by Ed Casey, LAEDC Water Subgroup Chair and Partner at Alston & Bird LLP (January 2013)
last revised on July 23, 2013