The LAEDC is actively engaged in policy efforts that support our mission of raising standards of living for all L.A. County residents by increasing economic opportunity and regional prosperity. All of LAEDC’s public poilicy focus supports the goals contained within the LA County Strategic Plan for Economic Development
What’s New in Public Policy
- H.R. 6: “The 21st Century Cures Act” – SUPPORT (12/12/2016) - December 12, 2016 President Barack Obama The White House 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington, DC 20500 Re: H.R. 6: “The 21st Century Cures Act” – SUPPORT Dear President Obama: Please...
- LAEDC and SoCal Jobs Defense Council Issue Support for AJR 11 (5/4/2015) - May 4, 2015 Assemblymember Autumn Burke State Capitol, Room 5144 Sacramento, CA 95814 Re: Support for Assembly Joint Resolution (AJR) 11 Dear Assemblymember Burke: On behalf of the Los...
- LAEDC and SoCal Jobs Defense Council Issue Support for SB 111 & SB 121 (5/4/2015) - May 4, 2015 Senator Jean Fuller State Capitol, Room 3063 Sacramento, CA 95814 Re: Support for Senate Bills (SB) 111 and 121 Dear Senator Fuller: On behalf of the...
- LAEDC Issues Support for AB 213 (4/6/2015) - April 6, 2015 Assemblymember Sebastian Ridley-Thomas State Capitol Room 2176 Sacramento, CA 95814 Re: Assembly Bill (AB) 213 – SUPPORT Dear Assemblymember Ridley-Thomas: On behalf of the Los Angeles County...
Current Policy Efforts
- Aerospace and Defense – SoCal Jobs Defense Council
- Advanced Transportation – e4Mobility Alliance
- Workforce Development
- Infrastructure Financing Districts
- International Trade
- Business Incentives/Tax Issues
- California Competes Tax Credit
- Film and TV Tax Credit
- City of LA Gross Receipts Business Tax