Los Angeles is at the center of an innovation and technology renaissance. From the digital media revolution with roots in L.A’s gaming and entertainment industries, to internet, biotech and technology startups, hundreds of companies are growing via an influx of venture capital and ideas from our research universities. Be a part of the dynamic innovation economy in the greater Los Angeles area, and collaborate with local organizations and companies that are delivering world-changing ideas.
InnovateLA is a County-wide celebration of all of the innovative, creative and awesome things that are happening in Los Angeles. From November 2-19, events happen from Santa Monica to Pasadena and all points in between. Sponsor or add an event to the series by contacting Chris Rico at LAEDC: [email protected]
View RepresentLA‘s interactive map of LA-area startups, incubators, accelerators, investors, and other resources HERE
- Access to capital. Venture capital and Angel Investors continue to increase their focus on Los Angeles, with new practices explicitly focused on the great LA area, from Pasadena to the “Silicon Beach” on the west side. Since 2009, venture investors have invested more than $3.5 billion in technology companies in Greater Los Angeles. (Los Angeles Tech Venture Capital Almanac, Fall 2013) . Access to capital is rapidly expanding, and fueling increased opportunity for startups.
- Access to an innovation ecosystem. The idea economy in LA draws strength from its serial entrepreneurs, R&D pipelines from our universities, creative workforce, well developed industry clusters and their skilled workforces, and much more.
- Abundance of accelerators, incubators and co-working spaces, and world-class universities and colleges producing more graduates than any other county in America.
- LA ranks as third best city in the world for startups. (Startup Genome Report, 2012)
- LA County ranks as the top creative economy in the U.S, in terms of employment and workforce in the creative economy (Otis Report / LAEDC)
- A unique and diverse voice. Innovators from 150 countries speaking 250 languages, gender diversity, and broad participation in the innovation economy.
- Quality of life.
Read more of what the media is saying about the LA high-tech / innovation economy
TechCrunch: There’s Something Going On In LA