Eddy Awards “Most Business Friendly Cities” (MBFC)
Every year, a blue ribbon panel evaluates nominations submitted by the cities in LA County to recognize those cities which are doing the most to encourage job creation and facilitate ease-of-doing-business. These awards generate great awareness for the cities that are recognized as finalists and winners. For questions, please email [email protected]
- Nominations for 2017 are officially OPEN.
- View a short slideshow about the application process: MBFC Application Process
- Here is a helpful guide to Lessons Learned from previous Most Business Friendly City award finalists and winners: MBFC Lessons Learned
- Cities can highlight the ways that they are supporting the Los Angeles County Strategic Plan for Economic Development among many other business practices
- See the recap of the 2016 Eddy Awards which recognized Cities of Santa Clarita and Pico Rivera (neither can apply in 2017 per rules)
Eddy Awards “Most Business Friendly Cities” Webinar Dates and Times:
- Applicant Webinar #1: June 12 @ 2pm
- Applicant Webinar #2: June 20 @ 2pm
- Applicant Webinar #3: June 27 @ 2pm
- Applicant Webinar #4: July 10 @ 2pm
You can also dial in using your phone.
Read the full press release HERE
Santa Clarita (population over 68,000)
Finalists: Compton, Downey, Lakewood, Long Beach
Pico Rivera (population under 68,000)
Finalists: Arcadia, Azusa, Rosemead
Palmdale: population over 67,000
Finalists: Bellflower, Carson, Lakewood, Palmdale, Pasadena, Santa Clarita
El Segundo: population under 67,000
Finalists: Azusa, Commerce, El Segundo, Pico Rivera, Vernon
For the historical list of winners, visit LAEDC.org/Eddy and scroll to the bottom of the page.