About the Kyser Center for Economic Research
The Kyser Center for Economic Research was named in November 2007 in honor of the LAEDC’s first Chief Economist, Jack Kyser. The Kyser Center’s economic research encompasses the Southern California region, which includes: the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Ventura. The center also tracks developments and produces forecasts, studies, and reports on the California, national and international economies.
The economy of the greater Los Angeles region is driven by more than its famed entertainment industry. The region’s broad economic base also includes aerospace, automotive, biotechnology, fashion, manufacturing and international trade. We conduct ongoing research on the individual industries of the region to better understand the ongoing changes of the economy.
The Kyser Center is highly regarded for our accurate assessment of the economy. Our economists are sought-after public speakers as well as frequent contributors to media coverage on the economy. At the heart of the Kyser Center is our mission to provide information, insights and perspectives to help business leaders, government officials and the general public understand and take advantage of emerging trends.
We deliver this economic information to you in a variety of ways:
- The e-EDGE (Economic Data Global Express) e-mail newsletter, which is sent out the first business day of each week. You may have this sent directly to you, or you can access it on this web site
- The semi-annual Economic Forecasts & Industry Forecasts are generally released in February and July. The latter now includes information by area in Los Angeles County, as well as data for north and south Orange County. As the title indicates, information is included for such key industries as apparel, aerospace & technology, international trade, motion picture/TV production and tourism
- International Trade Trends & Impacts is released each May in conjunction with World Trade Week activities in Southern California
- L.A. Stats is an annual publication containing a host of economic indicators for the region, everything from population and demographics to employment, consumer price index to the Fortune 500 roster. L.A. Stats is generally released in May, depending on data availability
- Throughout the year, we also do other studies, with recent examples being Otis Report on The Creative Economy of the Los Angeles Region
- The Business Scan is a compilation of 15 key Los Angeles County economic indicators and business trends, including employment in six industries, unemployment rates, port container traffic, housing, tourism and entertainment.
All these reports are available for downloading at no cost here.
Our Kyser Center research team can also do custom research and reports for clients.
For more information, contact Beverly Dill at (213) 236-4820.
About Jack Kyser.