About the Economic and Policy Analysis Group
The Economic and Policy Analysis Group (EPAG) provides highly-regarded in-depth and objective economic and policy analysis for public and private entities in order to foster informed decision-making and strategic planning.
EPAG offers critical, sensitive and relevant commissioned research and analysis customized to suit client needs. The degree of specialization distinguishes EPAG from other economic analysis groups. EPAG is well known for our commitment and dedication to our clients and for providing extremely focused and value-based assistance.
EPAG offers unique customization by using state-of-the-art technology and software to conduct our extensive research and analysis, including both custom and standard geospatial analysis using ArcGIS mapping from ESRI, the Business Analyst Online (BAO) platform, data and software from MIG, Inc., as well as a variety of public and private data sources as needed. These tools and others enable EPAG to provide extensive and in-depth research and analysis to assist clients in their decision-making processes.
Selected reports that are illustrative of EPAG’s broad depth and experience are listed below. These are just a sampling of the services provided by EPAG. Not all reports are publicly available due to confidentiality and client requirements.
- Economic Impact Analysis—EPAG quantifies the relationship between a particular economic activity (investment, purchase, operations, expansion) and its interdependence with various sectors of the economy. Any economic activity impacts the number of jobs, earnings and economic output in a region. A subset of this type of analysis is producing jobs reports for applicants to the EB-5 program, which stimulates the US economy through capital investment and job creation by foreign investors. Recent examples of economic impact studies include:
- LACMA Transformation: Economic Impact Report from LAEDC
- Los Angeles International Airport in 2011: An Economic Impact Analysis
- Construction Impact of Metro’s Measure R Transportation Projects: Update 2012
- Annual Operations of Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority FY2010-11: Economic Impact Analysis
- Workforce Development—EPAG analyzes a particular geographic location in terms of the occupational makeup of individual industries or industry clusters. This includes the employment, training, education and median annual wages. In context with the composition of the local residential population, this analysis is used to assess and evaluate the ability of workers to meet current and future workforce needs. Recent examples include:
- Demographic Overviews—EPAG creates extensive and reliable demographic profiles including population, household, education, income, housing and other characteristics for any standard or customized geographic region. Some recent snapshot examples include:
- Policy Analysis—Upon request, EPAG assesses policy initiatives in the context of economic impacts. This includes relevant literature reviews, technical analysis, and metrics to measure and evaluate policy effectiveness. An example includes:
More reports produced by the Economic and Policy Analysis Group can be found here.
EPAG’s goal is to provide objective and unparalleled economic and policy expertise to our clients. If you have any questions about EPAG or would like more information on how we can best assist you, please email , download our brochure, or call (213) 236-4840. We look forward to hearing from you.