LAEDC Success Story
City of Pico Rivera
Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc.,
Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. is located in Pico Rivera and is the main bakery for all West Coast Einstein Bagel Restaurants. The facility has been at this location for the last 20 years and they employ over 135 people.
The Challenge. To accommodate growth and new contracts, the company’s expansion required a new flour silo and tenant improvements. There was an urgent need to have the new silo installed before the beginning of August 2017, thus creating a formidable challenge. To complicate matters, the company was initially told the permits from Los Angeles (L.A.) County Health, L.A. County Fire, and L.A. Building and Safety might take weeks to months to get full approval. A delay of this length could prove disastrous to the company as they would miss specific performance requirements for their new contracts. If the company could not fulfill the product delivery terms of the agreement, Einstein customers could choose other options resulting in financial hardship.
The LAEDC BAP RED Team and Bob Machuca, District Manager provided integral assistance:
- Advocated on behalf of Einstein Noah Bagels concerning the negative delays if plan checks and permits were not expedited and approved
- Worked with contacts at L.A. County Public Health, L.A. County Fire Department and Building and Safety to assign personnel to plan checks, expediting corrections and permit approvals
- Coordinated meetings with client company’s construction company, architects and the City of Pico Rivera
- Health Department permit approved within 1 week
- Fire Department Plan Check approved within 2 weeks
- Building and Safety Plan Checks approved within 3 weeks
In the City of Pico Rivera 135 jobs will be sustained with the addition of a new flour silo and tenant improvements. New jobs are planned for the coming years.
“Thank you Bob Machuca for the help and high priority that you gave to our project. Your assistance was invaluable in helping us get the permits within the specified timeline. Your expertise and enthusiasm were both appreciated. We sincerely appreciate your efforts and thank you and your team for your flexibility and willingness to assist.”
Marci Navarro, VP of Manufacturing, Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc.
ALL OF THESE SERVICES WERE PROVIDED AT NO COST.